It is with great pleasure that I announce the reopening of Gerrish MedEsthetics on May 15th, 2020.
As per the governor Northam’s executive order, elective medical procedures have been allowed to proceed, with appropriate precautions taken by health care professionals to ensure continued vigilance against the spread of Covid-19. In the event Governor Northam deems we are required to remain closed, all appointments will be rescheduled.
Our office staff have proactively taken necessary precautions to meet the strict criteria, for health providers according to the Commonwealth of Virginia. We know you may have concerns about COVID-19 / Coronavirus, so we wanted to take a moment to let you know what steps we are taking to keep both you and our team safe and healthy. A number of measures have been implemented to comply with current recommendations from the CDC and WHO.
- Prior to your appointment, all patients must complete a COVID19 health risk questionnaire.
- In order to streamline the check in process, all consents must be electronically signed prior to your arrival.
- We are diligently screening patients for any signs of illness, recent contact with anyone ill, and/or recent travel to high risk areas.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask in the office.
- We will directly greet you at our front door to limit the interactions at the front desk.
- All patients will be scanned for their temperature upon arrival. If you have a fever and/or show symptoms of illness, your appointment will be cancelled and rescheduled for a future date.
- We will have sanitizing stations in key areas of the office for patient use.
- In an effort to limit the number of people seen in the office, we kindly ask that no guests accompany you in the office, this includes children, friends, and family members. This policy will assist in maintaining social distancing requirements.
- We are staggering and extending appointments times to ensure patients are not sitting in our waiting area and/or interacting with one another.
- Our coffee service area will be temporarily removed until further notice. We will continue to have bottled water accessible for patients.
- Our staff will make efforts to room patients as soon as possible upon entry to limit our waiting room volume. We have also removed promotional materials as well as magazines.
- We will disinfect each room before and after each treatment encounter.
- We highly recommend and encourage calling ahead for all walk in skincare orders. Our staff will have your order ready in advance and take payment over the phone to expedite your pickup and limit the number of patients in the clinic.
- If you are scheduled for a consultation or a follow-up and would like to meet with your provider virtually, we do offer virtual visits. Please talk to one of our Clinic Coordinators about converting to a virtual consult or if you have questions.
- Our office continues to comply with approved cleaning products. We will also continue our increased frequency of cleaning heavy use sites like doorknobs, light switch plates, phones, solid work surfaces, restrooms, and of course in our treatment rooms with the hospital disinfectant Cavicide.
- Our staff will continue to limit handshakes as well as practice frequent hand washing with the recommended 60% alcohol-based hand soap.
These measures are to reduce the risk for YOU, our friends, neighbors, loved ones and staff from COVID-19! After reading the requirements, if you are not agreeable to any of the below info, we will need to cancel your appointment. Our office will be sending out confirmations, starting next week. If preferred, you can call our office (703.255.5580) with your CONFIRMATION or CANCELLATION.
It is with great anticipation we welcome you back to the practice, and wish you all continued health and safety.