Zeltiq Coolsculpting - A really cool treatment for a hot body. Talk to Dr. Gerrish today.
The Cool Way to Reduce Fat™
CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ is a new, non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat in targeted areas of the body that results in a noticeable, natural-looking fat reduction in the treated areas. "What makes the CoolSculpting procedure different is that it uses advanced cooling technology to selectively target fat bulges and eliminate fat cells through a gradual process that does not harm the surrounding tissues. This procedure can reduce unwanted abdominal fat, love handles (flanks), back fat and inner and outer thighs. We are seeing remarkable results at our VA coolsculpting clinic," says Dr. Scott Gerrish.
This medical animation shows how Cryolipolysis works to reduce fat. Unlike traditional invasive surgical procedures, the CoolSculpting procedure is non-invasive with no needles and no need for surgical incisions. During the procedure, a non-invasive applicator is applied to the skin surface to deliver precisely controlled cooling to target and eliminate fat cells in specific areas of the body. As they are exposed to cooling, the fat cells begin a process of natural cell removal. The fat cells in the treated area are gradually eliminated through the body's normal metabolic processes, similar to how fat from food is eliminated. The result is a reduction in fat bulges that is visible in most patients in about two to four months.
Discover Zeltiq™, area fat reduction alternative. There are many body contouring methods available, the vast majority of which involve surgery. Among these procedures, Zeltiq stands out as a completely non-surgical body contouring method. Our patients come in for a simple office visit, with no anesthesia or incisions, and are on their way to slimmer, more sculpted body contours.
With unique technology called Cryolipolysis™, the Zeltiq device destroys fat cells through a controlled cooling process. The outside skin and surrounding tissues remain unharmed. Your improvements appear gradually within 2 to 4 months as the treated fat cells are naturally eliminated by the body. How cool is that!
What will the Coolsculpting results be?
The CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™ procedure can reduce the fat layer by 20 to 40%. Scientific testing has found an average reduction of 20%. If the patient's treatment plan calls for additional treatment to further improve the abdomen, love handles or back fat, this can be done after two to four months, depending on Dr. Gerrish's advice. An additional 20% reduction can be experienced, resulting in a total fat loss of 40%. Final losses may be more or less, depending on the case.
What happens during the procedure?
The patient and doctor first select the area(s) to be treated. For instance, if your goal is to reduce belly fat, the doctor will position the system on the abdomen. The device then gently draws the bulge up between two cooling panels. The sensation is a firm pull - enough of a pull to ensure the tissue will be cooled most efficiently.
What does it feel like?
As the panels go to work in the first few minutes, the patient feels a cold sensation. This soon dissipates. The patient is seated comfortably or lying down during the one hour procedure. Many people spend this time reading, working on their laptop, or even taking a nap.
Can the patient return to normal activities after the procedure?
Yes. The CoolSculpting procedure is completely non-invasive, so the patient can return to normal activities immediately. Some patients experience redness, minor bruising, tingling, or numbness in the treated area, but this is temporary.
When will the patient see results from Coolsculpting?
Patients may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after their treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But the body is still flushing fat cells, and will continue doing so for up to four months.
Are the results permanent?
During the CoolSculpting procedure, the treated fat cells are eliminated. As long as the patient maintains his or her weight with diet and exercise, long-term results should remain stable.
How much does Zeltiq Coolsculpting cost?
Photographs in our before and after gallery show real patients treated with CoolSculpting™ by ZELTIQ™. Individual results may vary compared to those in the photographs. If you are interested, call Dr. Gerrish today at our VA Zeltiq office to determine if you are a good candidate for the non-invasive CoolSculpting procedure.